Roofing Systems in Adderbury
There are a number of different roofing systems in Adderbury OX17 3 available for your home but it’s best to get the advice of a professional roof fitter before going ahead with the project.
It is important to choose professionals who have plenty of experience so you can be sure the correct roof mat and blanket are laid prior to installation.
Flat roofing systems https://www.roofingsystems.org.uk/flat-roof/oxfordshire/adderbury/ especially have a variety of different materials that can be used, each with their advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important that you are aware of what each one has to offer.
Ensuring that your property is watertight is the best thing you could ever do for your home. It keeps it warm, it brings down your heating bills and ensures that the health of everyone living there is not affected by damp and mould.
ENQUIRE TODAY FOR BEST RATES
Your roof may be able to be repaired or you may need a full replacement. Checking listings for the closest roofing contractor near me or local flat roof installers should give you plenty of options, but make sure that you are fully in the picture when it comes to understanding what the surface material they suggest is going to give you for your money.
GRP Roofing Systems
GRP roofing systems are popular thanks to their flexibility and tensile strength properties. Glass Reinforced Plastic is a combination of polyester resin infused with glass fibres to give it added strength. Advantageous properties of GRP systems are;
- Safe to install - no heat is required to install this material
- Strength and longevity - GRP systems can last up to 20 years and they are incredibly strong
- Versatile - can adapt to the shape of a building easily thanks to its flexibility
- Weather resistant - the waterproof coating means that it has no seams, which makes it less prone to leaking
- Easy maintenance - DIY friendly and can be cleaned with just a brush and a hose
- Looks attractive - one of the more eye-pleasing materials to look at
The disadvantages of this system are very few. It costs more than rubber roofs but it will actually last longer, so in the end, it is actually more cost effective. It also has to be laid in perfect weather - it cannot be installed if the weather is wet.
Rubber Roofing Systems
Rubber roofing systems are also known as EPDM systems. This is one of the more popular systems mainly due to price and ease of use of the material. The full list of advantages is;
- Cost - very cheap to purchase
- Ease of use - can be installed very quickly and easily
- Safe to install - this system is installed using glue, so need heat is required
- Lightweight - makes it easy to handle
- Durability - extremely hard-wearing and can last for up to 50 years
- Easy maintenance - can be replaced cheaply and quickly if damaged
- Fire retardant - rubber is fire resistant making it one of the safest materials to use
- Energy efficient - takes less energy to produce than other materials and is a fantastic insulator
Compared to all of these advantages the few disadvantages seem very insignificant. It’s not the most attractive material to look at but this can be rectified with a little acrylic paint, and if it is installed badly then this will lead to problems with leaks further down the line.
However, be sure to make sure that the suppliers you use are used to installing this system and you should have no issues.
Types of Roofing Systems
There are many different types of roofing systems in Adderbury OX17 3 and a lot of the time, deciding which one to use is down to how far your budget will stretch. After refurbishment is discounted as a viable option, flat roofs are the cheapest system.
After that, you could choose from a more traditional pitch roof, or go for the environmentally friendly approach instead. Here is a quick list of the various systems available and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Felt - easy and cheap to install but DIY repairs are not really possible
- Asphalt - cheap to buy and highly durable but weighs a lot
- EPDM rubber - extremely versatile and long-lasting but not aesthetically pleasing
- GRP fibreglass - Very strong and hard-wearing but more expensive than other flat roof methods
- Single ply membrane - lightweight and flexible but can be expensive
- Pitch roof - traditional apex roof with a variety of coverings such as slate and tile. Very expensive to install
- Green roof - installing foliage, including wildflower on your roof. Highly insulating and environmentally friendly but can be expensive to install
- Blue roof - a roof that intentionally stores water. Eco-friendly but potentially disastrous if it is faulty - https://www.roofingsystems.org.uk/blue-roof/oxfordshire/adderbury/
- Solar Panels - provides clean energy for the home and reduces carbon footprint but expensive to install
- Podium Landscaping - similar to a rooftop garden complying with your specification - https://www.roofingsystems.org.uk/podium-landscape/oxfordshire/adderbury/
Approved Roofing Contractors
If you are looking for approved roofing contractors in your local area and are finding it difficult to find a roofing company that you can put your trust in, we understand.
Paying for a new roof is a big investment and if you don’t choose wisely then you might feel as though you have never got your hand out of your wallet.
Any approved roof contractor will normally be registered with the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC) which is the UK’s largest roofing trade association.
An approved contractor will be able to install your choice of roofing confidently and professionally. They will understand the differences between the different materials they could use and will offer advice on which would be most suitable for your building.
Roofing companies in your surrounding areas will be easy to find, but finding one that is capable of installing multiple systems to a high standard is a different matter.
If you need help with funding https://www.roofingsystems.org.uk/funding/oxfordshire/adderbury/, make sure to get in touch with our team.
Try to go off recommendations if you can because a roof is a project that you want to get right first time!
These companies should be able to recommend different systems for you based on your budget and what the building actually needs to protect it from the elements.
Some materials are more suitable than others depending on the scale of the project and the angles that need to be cut, so be sure to ask as many questions of your roofer as possible.
Local Roofers Near Me
Looking for local roofers near me? Perhaps we can help? We have years of experience installing multiple systems on a wide variety of buildings and have gained a reputation for getting the job done on time, on budget with the least amount of mess and fuss.
If you have any questions about the roofing systems in Adderbury OX17 3 we can install or you would like a quote then please get in touch by completing the contact us form.
We look forward to working with you on your project soon.