Roofing Systems in Baddeley Edge
We are professionals who offer several different roofing systems in Baddeley Edge ST2 7 available for your home.
It’s best to get the advice of a professional roof fitter before going ahead with the project, and we have plenty of experience so you can be sure the correct roof mat and blanket are laid before installation.
Flat roofing systems especially have various materials that you can use, each with its advantages and disadvantages, so you must be aware of what each one has to offer.
Ensuring that your property is watertight is the best thing you could ever do for your home.
It keeps it warm, it brings down your heating bills and ensures that the health of everyone living there is not affected by damp and mould.
Your roof may be able to be repaired, or you may need a full replacement.
Checking listings for the closest roofing contractor near me or local flat roof installers should give you plenty of options.
Make sure that you are fully in the picture when it comes to an understanding of what the surface material they suggest is going to give you for your money.
ENQUIRE TODAY FOR BEST RATES
GRP Roofing Systems
GRP roofing systems are popular thanks to their flexibility and tensile strength properties. Glass Reinforced Plastic combines polyester resin infused with glass fibres to give it added strength.
Advantageous properties of GRP systems are;
- Safe to install - no heat is required to install this material
- Strength and longevity - GRP systems can last up to 20 years, and they are firm
- Versatile - can adapt to the shape of a building easily thanks to its flexibility
- Weather-resistant - the waterproof coating means that it has no seams, which makes it less prone to leaking
- Easy maintenance - DIY friendly and can be cleaned with just a brush and a hose
- Looks attractive - one of the more eye-pleasing materials to look at
The disadvantages of this system are very few. It costs more than rubber roofs, but it will actually last longer, so in the end, it is actually more cost-effective.
It also has to be laid in perfect weather - it cannot be installed if it is wet.
Rubber Roofing Systems
Rubber roofing systems are also known as EPDM systems. This is one of the more popular systems mainly due to the material's price and ease of use. The full list of advantages is as;
- Cost - very cheap to purchase
- Ease of use - can be installed very quickly and easily
- Safe to install - this system is installed using glue, so need heat is required
- Lightweight - makes it easy to handle
- Durability - extremely hard-wearing and can last for up to 50 years
- Easy maintenance - can be replaced cheaply and quickly if damaged
- Fire retardant - rubber is fire resistant, making it one of the safest materials to use
- Energy-efficient - takes less energy to produce than other materials and is a fantastic insulator
Compared to all of these advantages, the few disadvantages seem very insignificant.
It’s not the most attractive material to look at, but we can rectify this with a little acrylic paint, and if it is installed badly, this will lead to problems with leaks further down the line.
However, ensure that the suppliers you use are used to installing this system, and you should have no issues.
Types of Roofing Systems
There are many different types of roofing systems in Baddeley Edge ST2 7, and a lot of the time, deciding which one to use is down to how far your budget will stretch.
After refurbishment is discounted as a viable option, flat roofs are the cheapest system.
After that, you could choose from a more traditional pitch roof or go for the environmentally friendly approach instead. Here is a quick list of the various systems available and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Felt - easy and cheap to install, but DIY repairs are not really possible
- Asphalt - cheap to buy and highly durable but weighs a lot
- EPDM rubber - extremely versatile and long-lasting but not aesthetically pleasing
- GRP fibreglass - Very strong and hard-wearing but more expensive than other flat roof methods
- Single-ply membrane - lightweight and flexible but can be expensive
- Pitch roof - traditional apex roof with a variety of coverings such as slate and tile. Very expensive to install
- Green roof - installing foliage, including wildflower, on your roof. Highly insulating and environmentally friendly but can be expensive to install
- Blue roof - a roof that intentionally stores water. Eco-friendly but potentially disastrous if it is faulty - https://www.roofingsystems.org.uk/blue-roof/staffordshire/baddeley-edge/
- Solar Panels - provides clean energy for the home and reduces carbon footprint but expensive to install
- Podium Landscaping - similar to a rooftop garden complying with your specification - https://www.roofingsystems.org.uk/podium-landscape/staffordshire/baddeley-edge/
Frequently Asked Questions About Roofing Systems
Here are some of the popular questions people ask about roofing systems:
What kind of roof is EPDM suitable for?
EPDM is an excellent flat roof material. For flat roofs, EPDM is a great option to felt, bitumen, or asphalt.
EPDM is superior in terms of resiliency, strength, and aesthetics, as well as being environmentally friendly and simple to install.
What type of plywood is used for roofing?
The most prevalent grade of plywood used for roofing is CDX (CDX plywood means it is Construction Grade for exterior purposes).
What are the advantages of flat roofing?
The most obvious benefit of flat roofs is cost: materials are less expensive because they don't need as much "curb appeal."
Moreover, labour is less expensive since there is less danger in constructing them, and these roofs are easier and faster to build, resulting in less overall labour.
Which roof nails do you need?
Nails with a nominal shank diameter of 11 or 12 gauge and a head diameter of three-eighths of an inch should be used.
Each nail must be at least 114 inches long, and for roof-overs, a nail length of at least 2 inches is recommended.
How many roof tiles do you need?
The number of roof tiles required per square metre varies from fewer than ten to more than sixty. 265x165mm is the standard size for simple roof tiles.
Approved Roofing Contractors
If you are looking for approved roofing contractors in your local area and finding it difficult to find a roofing company that you can trust, we understand.
Paying for a new roof is a big investment, and if you don’t choose wisely, then you might feel as though you have never got your hand out of your wallet.
Any approved roof contractor will normally be registered with the National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC), the UK’s largest roofing trade association.
An approved contractor will be able to install your choice of roofing confidently and professionally.
They will understand the differences between the different materials they could use and offer advice on which would be most suitable for your building.
Roofing companies in your surrounding areas will be easy to find, but finding one capable of installing multiple systems to a high standard is a different matter.
If you need help with funding https://www.roofingsystems.org.uk/funding/staffordshire/baddeley-edge/, make sure to get in touch with our team.
Try to go off recommendations if you can because a roof is a project you want to get right the first time!
These companies should recommend different systems for you based on your budget and what the building actually needs to protect it from the elements.
Some materials are more suitable than others depending on the scale of the project and the angles that need to be cut, so be sure to ask as many questions of your roofer as possible.
Local Roofers Near Me
Looking for local roofers near me? Perhaps we can help?
We have years of experience installing multiple systems on a wide variety of buildings and have gained a reputation for getting the job done on time, on budget with the least amount of mess and fuss.
If you have any questions about the roofing systems in Baddeley Edge ST2 7 we can install them or would like a quote. Please contact us by completing the contact us form.
We look forward to working with you on your project soon.
Other Services We Offer